Wednesday, April 25, 2018

That Could Be Me in X Years!

This was my third time attending the College of Charleston Computer Science Alumni Symposium. The past two years I was glad I went and always had some sort of takeaway from the presenters. This year was no different.

There was a lot of advice for those not as close to graduation as I am. This advice was about things like study habits, networking, and keeping personal projects. Still, it is always good to hear this advice and I think it can still be useful going forward.

There was some advice about the initial job search after graduation. I am currently searching for a job, so I found this advice useful. One piece of advice that stuck out to me was not to be aftraid to take an internship. They often turn into full time jobs, and if they don't then you simply have more for the resume.

All in all, the event was more than worth my time and I'm glad I went. I recommend it to any CofC computer science student.

No comments:

Post a Comment